SUPERSTRUCTURE REPAIRS AND ZONE PAINTING OF VARIOUS BRIDGES ON I-95 AND I-395 SOUTH OF FORT MCHENRY TUNNEL.
The work performed under this contract is located along Interstate Routes 95 and 395 mainline and ramps south of the Fort McHenry Tunnel in Baltimore City. The scope of work includes superstructure repairs to various bridges, such as installing fatigue retrofits for steel box girder diaphragms, installing new drainage troughs, cleaning existing drainage troughs, cleaning and painting of steel surfaces, providing for all necessary Maintenance of Vehicular, Railroad and Lightrail Traffic (MOT), and completing additional repairs as assigned by the Engineer. This project included the maintenance and repairs of 52 Baltimore Bridges.
BATTA serves as the environmental and health and safety consultant for this overall project. Specifically, as a subcontractor BATTA has provided the following services:
- Worker protection compliance plan development and implementation
- Environmental protection plan development and implementation
- Waste and Hazardous Materials plan development
- HAZMAT investigation / lead abatement design
- Waste handling and disposal services
- Air quality monitoring
- Industrial Hygiene services including Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) reviews and approvals