Lead Based Paint Inspection Services
BATTA is pleased to offer Lead Based Paint inspection services in Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Delaware. BATTA conducts the following services:
- Review any previous Lead Risk Assessments. Review the findings of any Risk Assessment or reevaluation or Lead-based Paint Inspection that has already been completed for the property.
- Conduct a Risk Assessment to identify defective interior and the exterior painted surfaces in the building.
- Utilize an X-ray Fluorescence Analyzer (“XRF”) for lead in paint testing. The testing device will be able to identify lead in all layers of paint.
- Collect dust samples from areas frequented by children, including bedrooms and play areas.
- Collect Soil samples from bare soil areas, particularly child play areas.
- A final report will be completed within 10 business days from completion of an onsite inspection. The report will include the following:
- XRF Detailed Report: Listing the location and result of every sample that was taken.
- XRF Summary Report: Listing the location and concentration of deteriorated lead based paint.
- Findings Report: A report which interprets the XRF findings and identifies the components that contain lead paint. Includes lead dust wipes and soil sample results.
- Recommendations: Provide options for dealing with any lead paint issues.
- Lead Safe or Lead free Certificate, if applicable.
- Philadelphia Landlords are now required to test and certify rental properties as lead safe or lead free, regardless of a child’s age in order to execute a new or renewed lease or receive or renew a rental license. Learn more about this regulation here.
- Batta Environmental is approved to test and certify that a rental property is lead safe or lead free.
- After receiving our lead certification, landlords should submit the results to the City’s Lead Certification Submission System here.
- Learn more about Philadelphia’s laws and regulations in the City’s Lead Guide.